Pages

Friday 24 September 2010

Cosmetic bags to treasure

Packing for going away this weekend I looked at my cosmetics/toiletry bag, and I think it is time for a replacement. My old one is looking a little bashed and battered. However, combining usefulness with good looks is not always easy so I searched the web and here are my favourites.

If you are just looking for a make up bag and nothing larger then this one from Sewsmitten is great. With its 50's Girl fabric which is designed and printed by Penni and Gnome in their London workshop.



I then found this gorgeous makeup bag by Disaster Designs, available from Little Moose. It has got a waterproof polka dot lining and internal pocket to store your make up securely. There is also a matching overnight bag, wallet and handbag.



For those who like to take more with them then there are some fantastic vanity cases around. I particularly like the range by Kate Garey and I think Robot Love has to be my favourite.  Kate also makes a range of bags, fashion items, jewellery and soft toys.

Although not handmade and therefore likely to be seen in the High street I do love this retro Ladybird 'The Party' make up bag by Wild and Wolf, available from the gifted penguin. The Wild and Wolf Ladybird archive series won Gift of the Year 2010 and I have to say I already have some of their products earmarked for dare I say it - Christmas gifts.


Finally there is a gorgeous range of cosmetics bags from Natalie Farrell on Folksy. Each one is handmade by Natalie by carefully selecting each button, ribbon and printed fabric to make each one unique and just that little bit special.

So if you know someone who has been carrying around the same battered cosmetics bag forever, treat them to a new bag that is a little bit special.

2 comments:

  1. I love the red dotty robot loves case, so cool.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post about cosmetics bag and it will be give more information those people who such a need.

    wholesale cosmetics & Buy cosmetic bags

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails